When searching for the perfect diamond ring, it’s important to take into consideration the setting of the ring. It is a crucial factor in determining whether a diamond piece will be able to stand up to everyday wear and tear – and also how well it can show off its sparkle. If you’re interested in learning more about diamond rings for women, then knowing how to determine quality and cut of the diamond and setting of a ring is essential! Let’s explore it in our blog.
Types Of Diamond Ring Settings
The four primary types of settings are bezel, prong, channel, and tension.
- The Bezel Setting – In this setting, the metal encircles the edges of the diamond completely to hold it in place. This makes for a secure fit that also allows the stone to take centre stage. It’s one of the most popular types of setting due to its durability and that it gives off a classic look.
- The Prong Setting – This setting consists of several metal prongs that hold the diamond in place on top of the ring. It’s also known as the claw setting, and it can be customised to various diamond shapes and sizes, allowing for more flexibility when shopping for the perfect piece.
- The Channel Setting – Here, metal bars sit on either side of the diamond or gemstone and hold it in an invisible and secure way. This type of setting creates a row effect with multiple stones, allowing for a unique look.
- The Tension Setting – This setting includes the metal surrounding the diamond holds it in place by pressure created from two sides that wrap around it. This type of setting can give off maximum symbolism and sparkle for a truly unique piece of jewellery.
When it comes to choosing the right setting, it really depends on personal preference and the type of diamond you have. However, one thing is for sure – if you choose a strong and secure setting that’s well-made with quality materials, it will last longer. It’s also important to consider the type of lifestyle you lead and if it’s compatible with the setting you pick.
Deciding On Quality
When choosing a diamond ring, finding one that is high in quality should be a top priority, as this can really impact both its beauty and value. Here are some tips for how to choose the best quality for your diamond ring:
- The Four Cs – The four Cs refer to cut, clarity, colour, and carat weight. Cut is probably one of the most important factors when it comes to determining how sparkly the diamond will appear. Clarity refers to any blemishes or inclusions in the diamond which can affect its beauty; for higher quality diamonds, look out for those with minimal blemishes or inclusions. Colour is another key factor, as the better quality diamonds will have less visible yellow tinting than lower quality ones. Finally, carat weight is a measure of the diamond’s size, and it can also influence its cost and rarity.
- Craftsmanship – You should also pay careful attention to the craftsmanship of the ring. It should be made of strong and durable materials, such as platinum or 18k gold. For added security, look for a setting that has been expertly crafted by experienced jewellers and uses secure prongs to hold the diamond in place.
- Source Of The Diamond – Finally, it is important to buy your diamond from a reputable source that provides certification documents such as a grading report or appraisal. This will confirm that the diamond qualities match up to what is stated on the certificate and can act as proof of purchase in case you ever need to make an insurance claim.
When it comes to buying quality diamond rings for women, it’s important to keep several factors in mind. From the four Cs to the craftsmanship, there are various aspects to consider when shopping for the perfect piece. It’s also important to buy your diamond from a reputable source and make sure that it comes with certification documents. By following these tips, you can be sure that you’re getting the highest quality diamond ring for your money. With a bit of research and guidance, you can find a beautiful diamond ring that will last for many years to come!